The policy has been written to be as transparent and as concise as possible, using plain language (jargon kept to the minimum!) for the users ease of understanding.
Please check back regularly to review this policy, as we strive to constantly improve our processes and ways we protect your privacy. If you feel this policy is unclear in any way please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
- we will never sell your personal data
- we will never give personal data to third parties, other than to fulfil our obligations to you, our customers
Who are we?
The Electronics Warehouse sell refurbished electronics at un-beatable prices. We specialise in Samsung Televisions and we are one of the largest re-sellers of refurb Samsung TV’s in the whole of the United Kingdom.
What information do we collect?
During the normal course of business we will obtain data such as:
- organisations legal and trading names
- individuals names and job titles
- contact information such as telephone numbers and email addresses
- demographic details such as address and postcode
- other information relevant to providing our service to you
How do we collect your information?
- Our retail customers buy from us via our eBay store. As such, the customers will have already provided their personal details to eBay (when creating their account) and this data is passed on to us when you make the decision to buy from our store.
- We will never target individuals in an attempt to sell you our goods. We may however try and communicate with individuals who work for organisations that we wish to trade with, via professional profiles found on websites such as LinkedIn.
- The Electronics Warehouse also trade B2B (Business to Business) – there will have been communications and the exchange of details between us before we began trading.
How do we use your information?
Your data is required to enable us to supply you with our goods/services, and;
– for internal record keeping
How do we share your information, and why?
Your details are never shared with any parties unnecessarily – parties we must share your data with will/may include:
- stock management systems (Tradebox, G-Smart Link 50)
- our accountant and accountancy software provider (Sage 50 Accounts Professional)
- entities to fulfil legal obligations (e.g. HMRC if we are under investigation)
- if it is a ‘Public Task’ (e.g. the police require your information)
The security of the information we hold
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical (intruder alarms with police response, CCTV etc), electronic (password encryption, anti-virus software) and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect .
In the highly unlikely event your personal data has been breached we will report this to the affected individuals within 72 hours. Details of the breach and how it was dealt with will clearly be documented with supporting incident logs.
How long do we retain your information?
As a limited company registered in England, we are legally required to keep your data on file for a minimum of 6 years since the end of the last company financial year. If you have traded with us in that time frame we will be unable to completely delete any data we hold on you. Our financial year runs from January to December.
We do not actively send marketing communications to our customers. If you receive any unwanted communications from someone stating they are from our company, please let us know immediately.
Cookies and our website
Some pages on our website include links to third party sites e.g. social media. These sites are governed by their own privacy statements/policies and The Electronics Warehouse is not responsible for their operations or information practices.
If you use our contact form to communicate with us, we will receive your request via email. Your information will not be stored or used in any way other than to respond to your query.
The accuracy of the information we hold
If you spot any errors in the data we hold please let us know straight away and we will update our systems accordingly. We would normally ask for this in writing to ensure we definitely have the correct details and to ensure the request has come from a valid source.